Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Benefit for Suicide Prevention, in honor of my cousin Al...

Recently, I added my skills to those of many others who wished to honor their friend, cousin, nephew, brother and/or son on his birthday...and also wanted to help prevent other families from knowing the grief of losing a loved one to suicide. A Beef'n'Beer was held, which had a huge turnout, many more than the organizers were expecting. Donations went to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. My sign-in caricature made the rounds and was given to Al's mother at the end of the night...  
I also drew some live caricatures:
There were so many raffles, they took up half the wall space in the room! One of them was for a digital pet caricature...
It was won by exactly whom I was hoping would win....someone in my family! My cousin Becca won, and promptly gave it to her mother. So, I'll be doing a beautiful German Shepherd digital caricature soon. (The MinPin shown was just a sample). Apparently, it had many tickets in its bag!
Over $5600 was raised during the evening. RIP Al....

No comments:

Post a Comment