Saturday, December 13, 2014

B'nai Mitzvah caricatures

Last weekend, I had the honor of drawing at an unusual double bar mitzvah celebration for twins...
a B'nai Mitzvah.
Bar Mitzvah (Hebrewבַּר מִצְוָה) and Bat Mitzvah (Hebrewבַּת מִצְוָה) (plural: B'nai mitzvah for boys, B'not Mitzvah for girls) are Jewish coming of age rituals.
It was also unusual in that it was all happening in one elegantly appointed room, which meant I got to see and hear some of the traditions. 
Below: Some of the 13-year old boys (who made up most of my sitters ;-) and who enjoyed being caricature spectators for the evening. 
Here's a few of them! I wish  had gotten some photos of the guests of honor----but I drew them first, so they'd have time to socialize with their many friends and family members. 
One young gentlemen took a sped-up video of my drawing hand!
And, my drawings did not consist of only adolescent boys:
Congratulations, boys! Thanks so much to your family for having me draw at the entire celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment