Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Ballerina Bat Mitzvah

My first gig after returning from the always inspiring 2014 ISCA convention was a pretty pink-themed bat mitzvah celebration, for which I had been booked well over a year in advance. The elegant rooms at the country club venue were decorated with the bat mitzvah girl's dance attire. She herself was quite adorable!
 I drew a mixture of kids and adults. This boy was game!!!
 Below: This family had fun being drawn, with the dad whispering to me the kids needed to be drawn with their preferred Apple products. I said that I preferred them as well ;-)
This gentleman told me this was his first caricature, and that he'd always wanted one when he saw artists drawing in NYC. He got his wish and then some! :-)
His daughter enjoyed watching the process, (after I'd drawn her, of course) and even posted this pic on Instagram:
Thanks to Gigmasters, and Abby and her family for having me! :-)
Update 12-8-14: I'm very grateful to my client, Abby's mom, who left me some very nice feedback on Gigmasters:
Emily was a pleasure to work with and my guests were very excited about the caricatures they took home with them. She is extremely talented and I would absolutely use her services again if the opportunity were to arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment