Friday, December 12, 2014

Third holiday event of 2014

For a title, I think I'll just number each holiday party I do this month...there's quite a few on my calendar, for which I am quite grateful.

When I walk into a gig, somewhere in the back of my mind lurks the fact that my job, of being a caricaturist, although it brings joy and happiness to folks, is not a necessity of life to my clients. It's a perk. So I try to make sure I'm doing the best job I can, for each person who sits in my chair. I want the experience AND the drawing they leave with (preferably BOTH) to be something they'll enjoy in different ways, for a long time.

This gig, a children's Christmas party, is one of my longest running events. Many of the parents attending tell me about how I've drawn their kids for many years in a row....and how they're all hanging up proudly in their home. I'm grateful for all this too. :-)
Santa ALWAYS shows up at this party!!


No comments:

Post a Comment