Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Marriage Proposal by Caricature!

This is one of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE types of caricature commission to do:
Eric and his girlfriend are big baseball fans, so Eric decided to propose to her in one of their favorite places…Oriole Park at Camden Yards. He emailed me some photos so I could do a studio-quality caricature of them, and asked for the Oriole Bird and the Phillie Phanatic to be cheering them on. 

 When they came to sit for me on the pre-arranged game day, I'd be ready with it, hidden on my easel. To keep anyone passing by from knowing what was going on, and also to use up a few minutes so Alicia would think they really WERE being drawn right then, I did a (really crappy) version of them that you'll see for a split-second in the video below. 
She was REALLY SURPRISED and started to tear up. So did I!!!!!
Needless to say, her answer was YES. :-)
It was a complete thrill to be a part of this. Thank you, Eric, for having the idea! And I have to give a big thanks to Rick Wright, of Caricatures by Rick, for providing the opportunity. 
Here's the somewhat shaky video. I was nervous---this was a big moment in someone's life to pull off! In contrast, Eric didn't seem nervous at all.
Congratulations Alicia and Eric!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment